Sunday, January 01, 2012 By: Lin Fang

sighs

fri was a bad day. my dearest rabbit broke its leg. I didnt realise how serious it was until the way i see it move, with the hind limb dangling at an awkward angle.

I got my bro to fetch me to the nearest clinic.. but the vet was busy doing surgery and there were 5 more pets waiting. The second place i went, the receptionist told me it was lunch. In the end, i went to mount pleasant animal medical centre at clementi. I strongly recommend ppl with pets to go there. The vet who attended to my milky told me that it needed surgery and he asked me to decide whether i wanted to put a metal screw in or to amputate.. i chose the latter. And he explained to me the risks of rabbits going thru surgery etc etc.

My rabbit survived the surgery. yup. its smart and brave. Its still recovering just that it seems a bit disorientated, like it cant really make sense why its so hard to move. Its appetite wasnt good initially, i had to force-feed as mentioned by the vet. He said it was impt that it ate some food otherwise its health would deteriorate quickly. He loaned us a cage with some heat pad. the last time i fed my rabbit, it was much better.. licking the syringe i used to feed it like some baby. guai.

when i was filling up the particulars, i started counting how old my rabbit was. I estimated 8-9? I had my first rabbit at pri 4. And this rabbit is the grandchild of the second or third milky i had.. Lol. that time young, no originality. As long as its white with red eyes, its just named milky. haha

I been to the clinic twice alr and so far, majority of the patients are all dogs. I only seen 1 gigantic cat, super big eyes and fluffy. All those dogs are pedigree.. golden retriever, gui bin gou etc etc. One dog which came out of the room start peeing immediately in the waiting area. although I had to wait quite long, the other dogs around were fascinating. haha

Anw, happy new year!