Friday, May 11, 2012 By: Lin Fang

reflections and thoughts

thursday, my poster presentation. I took photos with my yr 4 friends and even joined their 'class photo'. LOL. so extra but i think nobody will care. hahaha. I felt the urge to set up a fb account! but luckily it subsided. everyone was going around taking photos after their presentation. We were in our formal attire ah.. so all look very professional. ai.. nvm I will get the photos from some friend..  exchange with my hp pictures. haha

Anyway, for those who are reading, i decided to write something very impt.. I want to promote my prof'! Now then i know what I was doing in her lab is really.. really useful. All those independent research, thinking, planning wasnt done in vain. She is a very very diligent prof. I was always complaining about how tiring the fortnightly meetings were, but she really did bother to note our progress and give feedback. During the poster presentation, she even came to chat with me, and told the 4 of us who our moderators was. She even told me to be careful of what questions my moderator will ask and she added that she was very happy with our batch. We took photos together too. So da jia, if you are serious about learning, do take her fyp.. just be prepared to sacrifice your time. It would be a plus if you stay in hall.

Even though i dont know what grade she will give me, I think deep down. i didnt regret taking her project. =) yea. i like bio.

Im started my attachment alr. I got a PhD student mentor. Others got prof/ research fellow, i dont know whether its good or bad. My mentor seems really enthu. He is asking me to do quite a lot of stuff- relatively simple compared to fyp, but i need to get used to the different style of doing things though. One thing i dont know is what kind of attitude to use. Last time the PhD student, Xichen,  and I only talk abt lab stuff. This time.. ?? .. i even know the biggest problem he will face tmr is SBJ. Li hai ba.. nvm i shldnt say too much. internet.. sth dangerous.. one must be responsible for one's words.. fb?  dont need to be too zhao yao, dont need.. haha

thinking abt my future.. what do i want to do? still nt sure. lots of ppl talking to me abt PhD, can i really make it? do i want it? its sth i keep thinking abt. I seeked divine intervention from guan yin, but the qian also said sth roughly like follow my heart, do what im thinking. what im thinking? i dont even know. aft sec sch, i had a clear path that i want nj.. then making a decision b/w ntu or nus wasnt hard. now? haiz..  dont think liao. chuan dao qiao tou then i will know alr. haha

ending off.. now that im thinking of it, did the director arranged a PhD student to be my mentor so that i will get motivated? I did mention that i wanted to use this period of time to decide on which path to take aft grad. hmm