Thursday, April 21, 2011 By: Lin Fang

A fruitful catch

守株待兔. This is what I have been doing for the past three days, including today. How so? Camping in front of the computer, logged into STARS planner. My two eyes are focused on the index/vacancies/waitlist column. I barely dare to blink, in case the 1 that might appear may disappear the next moment..

Hmm. Sorry. Too dramatic. Take away the last two sentence from the previous paragraph. I have been on the computer, multi-tasking while keeping a look-out for vacancies in any of the courses that I would be interested in taking during special sem. And guess what? My efforts werent in vain. Hahaha. Its a psychological strategy. I imagined if I am a evil person who got lucky and managed to hold on to 2 electives, but just intend to keep one, when would I drop it?

OF COURSE it would be the last 10 minutes before the add/drop period closes.

I knew it would be the case but i just logged in everyday to check. Miracles might occur..

And yes, today morning, a miracle happened and I wasted no time. Lol. so now I have a place in mb107. Just to prove myself right, just now (10pm closing time), I logged into the website again . Indeed I saw a few vacancies for other courses, including an AHSS I wanted earlier. But one would be enough though. I dont have that much $ to spare.