He speaks at a relatively fast pace so there is hardly silence in the room. And he always makes us laugh at the funny things he say but thats what you should expect from somebody who earns his living by talking. His pay is 800~$1200 per hour so by paying $500 for special sem( 12 sessions, 3 hours each), i earned a bargain? LOL...
1) I learnt english.. Try pronouncing the word “ghoti.” If you never heard of it before, there is a 99.9% chance you will say ' goo-ti' .
But, it is actually pronounced as “fish.” cool! ( try looking up abt gaol too)
‘gh’ as in enough
‘o’ as in women
' ti’ as in nation2) I learnt history. Lim Yew Hock, not that fierce Nan hua's OM..., made the decision to sell christmas island to Australia. WOW. It actually belonged to us.. I didnt knew that.. The lecturer said it was later discovered that the island contained guano(bird droppings? then he linked it to potassium..), but i just wiki and found an article saying that it was phosphate. BUT anyway, a type of mineral was found on the island. To think that sg sold it away.. And then the lecturer went on to say this island was located in dunno which ocean, by right the surrounding waters in the ??km will belong to us etc etc. Conclusion: it was a bad mistake.
3) And of course, i learnt about the law: you know this famous thing they keep saying in TV is actually something called miranda rights..
Many other law things were mentioned but I cant recall at the moment. But it was really fun. I feel like going to listen to a court hearing one of these days if I have nothing to do. HAHA!Anw, I got this video from my sis's blog. whoa. jang gek suk! How can a guy put eye liner and still look so shuai qi~~ LOL