Friday, June 17, 2011 By: Lin Fang

~

Thru this special sem, I managed to make a few more friends in NTU. Its quite refreshing to meet ppl from non-eng course. Their way of thinking is somehow slightly different. There is this person call hf, who studies physics. I told him that he looks very intelligent and he said " Be careful. Light travels faster than sound. You may think someone is smart until he opens his mouth. " whoa~ so by saying that he proves that he is smart already. double-confirm!!

During the first few lessons, I was pretty intimidated by him. The way he thinks is very logical, he expresses himself well and is good at convincing people. BUT! He doesnt always get the answer right. LOL. Sometimes I am somewhere there, along a path, abt to reach the ans, then he will say " what if.. but then you... " so i let myself be convinced. Initially this was partly because I havent read the notes or studied properly, but recently I've improved. I argue back. I even feel a sense of achievement when I raised my hands to ask the lecturer questions.

Not bad.. considering that I have spent almost 2 years in NTU w/o asking lecturers questions during lec. I, like most NTU students surveyed (in an article in Nanyang chronicle), feel that doing so will disturb other students and affect the lecturer's train of thoughts. Thus, I always ask the lec questions only aft lessons. Most of the time, I feel that the question Im asking might be dumb so I just make a note to myself to go home and check.

TPK always asks " Questions? " while he folds his long sleeves as though preparing for a fight. A fantastic and a most interesting lecturer. Sometimes whether a student likes a course or not will depend on whether the lec has passion in what he is teaching. Haha.

Anw, I received a card from dear mao ning, from cali. She is one of the brilliant ppl i mentioned before. smart ppl jiu shi bu yi yang. she wrote " this card is so beautiful and peaceful, just like you " LOL. I think i told her once only.. long time ago. lol.

then xw gave me soap from body shop. he gave me sth from there last year too. My bro asking whether im that smelllyyy. lol.

yipeng gave me a book abt that austrian girl natascha, who managed to escape from her abductor aft 3096 days. [ i wanted to wait but then i couldnt resist.. i finished reading liao. ^^]

jx and nally passed me sth too recently. but I really nv open yet. HAHA.

TYTY!! =)

ahh, xp, wee.. celebrate aft lu comes back. I dont mind since i will be busy studying.. but must ask wh draw me a bigger card!!