Thursday, June 02, 2011 By: Lin Fang

WHY NO FB STILL?

I was thinking of creating a fb account again but i squashed the idea again too. Because i reminded myself of why I was so adamant not to create one. I shall write it here to remind myself in future should I ever feel the urge to do so.

- Stubborn. ( Hokkien - Ti Kee)
If everybody does it, it doesnt mean that I have to do it. Perversely, I insist on not doing. On the otherhand, if I want to do something but everybody objects, I might still do it anyway.. Haha

- Privacy
The cases of account being hacked, passwords being stolen etc etc.. And I find it weird to let somebody whom Im not very close to know so much abt myself. For what?.. I was told that in fb, if I dont like somebody I can choose not to add him/her as a friend. I could also block the person. And I can also select my privacy thingy to allow specific ppl to read only? Why so troublesome.. Dont create larh. See? Now you get addicted to checking it daily.. The other day, I saw somebody scanning through some photos. The comments made werent very nice. I wouldnt like ppl to criticise me. I dont even give them the chance.

Possible Cons:

- No friends
Nope. I have survived w/o fb. The no. of friends I have is still increasing. I think no triple digit though, but its enough.

-No photos
Thumbdrive!

- Miss out on events
Nope. If I know you well, you would have mentioned to me or I would be kaypoh enough to ask. And then, if my close friends are in the same circle, they would have mentioned to me too. So if I dont know, it means that either I dont know you very well, [ save the trouble of thinking of an excuse not to go] or you purposely hide it from me.. Most friends know I dont have one, so they bother to tell me that " ah, we are having a class gathering on what-and-what date.... " Im grateful to such friends. Even this Wuhan trip, all the others set up some grp to discuss abt details, but still got 3~4 kind ppl bother to relay info to me thru email. zhen hao. ^^

The only possible reason that might make me change my mind is the point when i feel guilty enough for causing inconvenience. Right now? Nope. And I believe everyone's else lives still carry on very well w/o an additional me. Yea? Talk bad about me and I wouldnt even know.

Am i weird? Maybe. But if you are my friend, doesnt it make you weirder? Or is it possible that we are normal then everyone else is weird? HAHA

Why nowadays i update my blog so frequently? Hols ma. Nth to do. Self- entertain. Sometimes i surprise even myself when i read what i write. My brain works in a funny way [ but i assure you the WAP below does exist. Not my imagination]..

Enough of the crapping. Im starting to feel fan after reading ntu mail. WHY why why must choose FYP now? What to choose. How to choose. ZZZ

Anyway before i end off, look at this: Lonesome George of Galapagos. Sole survivor of his species. Doesnt the name sound very familiar? ..