today was wee's birthday. Right from the start of the day, lu and me were on the lookout for a suitable present + cake shop for her. Actually we knew what to get (a perfume caught her eye ytd) but lu said we shld get it at the duty free shop from the airport. So for today, we needed some gift to be a representative.. 意思意思一下.. lol i suspect wee thought we forgot. ( the two of us act blur.. even xp wished wee on whatsapp and the two of us kept our mouth shut) hahaha
Papaya milk.. is taiwan famous for it? I didnt know but lu said it was. There was a shop near our hostel but it was always closed/ our stomach were bloated whenever we went past. So this morning, we decided to try. The shopkeeper told us that he didnt have much papaya in stock so we had to mix it with sth. Lu got papaya-banana ( to help with her constipation.. LOL) and mine was papaya-apple. Hmm so-so but its really fresh. We observed the whole procedure. No syrup, not much ice, very healthy! haha
We did a bit of shopping at ximending. I got my sis a bag pack which was her fav colour.. so pleased with myself! until i found exactly the same thing more than 100TWD cheaper . My heart ached a bit.. but nvm, I kept reminding myself it costs $60+ in sg and tt i had paid for the experience.
Breakfast was 鱿鱼羹 (me), oyster omelette w/o oyster(wee) and fried rice (lu). Mine was ok.. its abit like eating a bland version of the zha jiang mian ( chinese style. specifically NTU's can A's ban mian stall). Wee's was also so-so. I like sg's version which is crispier and the spicier chilli. Lu's was the best. Oh forgot to mention, I really like taiwanese rice. They use zhen zhu mi so its like you can feel every grain of rice. ( my fav meal in taiwan has to be 卤肉饭, )
We did abit more shopping before returning to the hostel to put our stuff. We took the MRT to Danshui before taking the bus R26 from Danshui bus interchange. The bus ride was 20 mins. The sky had already started to darken. We managed caught the last few minutes before the last few rays of sun disappeared. We admired the scenery, snapped many many photos. There was a small food street and we went into a shop excitedly to order the very famous must-try food in Danshui 阿給 . Its like tao kua with glass noodle with some spicy sauce dripped over it. Its below expectation BUT I believe its the shop that isnt so good.. or that it was so cold that my tastebuds were numb. I read from forums that its really nice. Probably because the sauce wasnt spicy.. cannot bring out THE TASTE. lol.
I was full.. i thought that we shld give up 淡水老街 and go 士林夜市 or to stay and visit the latter another day. In the end, I was convinced. we went both. yes. its 100% what the!!that night.. my poor stomach..
Dan shui night market, try 阿婆铁蛋, 阿給, sour plum drink
At shi lin. try 天妇罗, 大肠包小肠, 臭豆腐.. the 青蛙下蛋 is so-so.. some juice with jelly-like substance.
On the way back to the hostel... we started singing wee her birthday song. lol. we bought her a gift. a yellow thing. i forgot the name. hahah. actually we could try the arcade machine to grab it but our skills are poor so we just bought it directly.
17/12 六福村 - ximending
Take MRT to 忠孝敦化.. use exit 7. Cross the street and turn right towards the bus stop. Ego bus 5350. there are several timings. Roundabout trip is 254 TWD and its 1h 30 mins. Advice: check bus timings and the opening hours of 六福村. go during weekdays which are less crowded. rmb that everybody will also play till the park closes so if you stay till 5, you might not get a seat on the bus back..
We dilly-dallied abit in the morning.. Had our breakfast at a beef noodle stall which was having a promotion because of its sth -sth anniversary before we commence on our journey. I think my body was starting to feel the effects of all our walking because even with so much sleep the night before, i fell asleep on the bus. lol.
there are 4 themes at leo foo cun. the animal safari place will close the earliest so we went there first. we took the safari ride which was abt 15 minutes and got to see almost all the animals that were there.. rode a camel ( the handler pulled it because it refused to budge at first. And it even pooed aft Lu and I got off. i regretted. ).. went on a scary ride which reminds me of escape and got wet even with a poncho. Once again, i discovered how strong my heart was. ( first time i knew was in HK, with my NTU friends during GSS) Lol.
this crazy parrot keeps dancing. up down up down then twist twist to the other end of the stand. then it goes up down up down , twist twist again. i took a video of it. lu and me were singing gangnam style. lol. the animal that looks like a white camel is an alpaca. yea. wee enlightened me. pirate ship was cool. but i still couldnt control my mind to release my hand while the ship swing to the top. wee took the centre seat before she decided to join lu- mine was near to the end. haha
Lu and I played a ride which took us 360 deg. Its has a sorta circular track so most of the time we would be suspended in mid air, blood rushing to the head, hair hanging all over the place, following gravity.. aft the ride, some boys were asking each other 痛不痛?? lol. wee sat another ride with me too that was 360 but that was fun. We were quite securely belted up so our whole body was turning everywhere.. in all directions. Then two of us will go " oo~ ooo~~ " whenever our heads go downwards. hahaha
I asked lu at what age will she stop coming to amusement park (or she asked me. i forgot) .. she said soon. maybe in a few yrs. Lol. I think for me, it depends. I wont go places like disneyland.. but then again if im with a lot of friends i still will! haha but I did feel a lil out of place as most of the ppl were students.
Dinner was at 阿毛石锅饭 back at Ximending at almost 10pm. nice food with a cute dog to play with. did some last min shopping.. haha i bought a boot for my mum.. successfully bargained for the price i wanted. my mum's feet is quite big. the boot was nice and they had size 43 :)
18/12 Taoyuan International Airport - Singapore Changi Airport - Home
I didnt buy masks last night as I though that I could get it this morning.. and I didnt bring enough cash with me. tsk. but the shop wasnt open yet. at abt 9 plus. Lol. but my bro and his gf were in tw too so later on.. I told him to help me get. I also recommended the 維格鳳梨酥 which i gave a miss because of my limited luggage space.
Ate a fruit flavour sponge cake I bought last night while waiting at the airport - flight delayed.. and ate some noodles that were quite tasteless at the airport. We stopped at a bookshop where all of us bought some magazines.. a source of entertainment on an uncomfortable flight back.. haha.
In my humble and personal opinion, next time, if you are considering to go taiwan, sit good airlines like SIA.. treat yourself well. its a holiday. then see whether its possible to request that you DONT want to sit near babies. say you are allergic (to their cries). nt life threatening but truly traumatic.. sry.. i like kids but being stuck in a fixed position for 4h 15 mins and nt being able to sleep. =.=. LOL
woo hoo~ great trip! yay. so this is the end of the fabulous and interesting grad trip of lf koh, wh poh and (pre-grad trip) of lulu neo..
if you think im a good blogger, pls mention my name to some tour agency. I will be willing to be their dai yan ren. they pay me, i go ard the world enjoying myself. that type of job.. cool~~ =D























































